ALL THAT IS INDIA AND MORE
...within and Beyond Boundaries!!
Varanasi and Khajuraho Extension
4-night extension to Varanasi and Khajuraho
Main Tour: April 21-27, 2012 Extension Dates: April 28-May 1, 2012
Main Tour: May 5-11, 2012 Extension Dates: May 12-15, 2012
Main Tour: May 12-18, 2012 Extension Dates: May 19-22, 2012
Main Tour: September 1-6, 2012 Extension Dates: September 7-10, 2012
Main Tour: September 7-12, 2012 Extension Dates: September 13-16, 2012
Main Tour: September 15-20, 2012 Extension Dates: September 21-24, 2012
After the Rajasthani sojourn we will visit Varanasi, the oldest city in recorded history. We will visit the Ghats (banks) of the Holiest most venerated river, The Ganges and Sarnath, where The Buddha gave his first public sermon after receiving enlightenment.
In the words of Mark Twain Varanasi is : "Older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend, And looks twice as old as all of them put together"
Thereafter we hop across to Central India to be "wowed" by the sensual sculptures at the Temples in Khajuraho. Built more than one thousand years ago the resplendent Hindu temples, immaculately restored after almost a millennium of abandonment and neglect, are among the most essential stops on any itinerary of India's historic monuments.
Extension Day 1
Overnight at Shahpura House
Meals: Dinner (This dinner is included from the last day of the main tour)
Extension Day 2
Fly Jaipur to Delhi and we will have two hrs in the airport before our connecting flight to Varanasi. On arrival in Varanasi we will check-in to the hotel and take a tour of the oldest city in the world in recorded history! We will visit the Ganges ghats in the evening and take a boat ride on the river.
Overnight at Taj Gateway Hotel
Extension Day 3
This morning you may take an early morning cruise on the Ganges at sunrise OR join a Yoga class at your Hotel. After breakfast we will drive 20 kms to Sarnath and see the spaces where the Gautam Buddha gave his first public sermon after he received enlightenment. We will visit the markets of Varanasi and the Banarasi silk weavers the rest of the day. We will have dinner as a group at an Indian Restaurent.
Overnight Taj Gateway
Meals : Breakfast & Dinner
Extension Day 4
We will fly to Khajuraho today and visit the Temples at Khajuraho. In the evening we will visit the temples again for a Sonne Lumiere and feel them come alive!
Our Farewell Dinner preceded by a cooking demonstration.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Extension Day 5
We will fly back to Delhi and depart India
- Internal airfare
- Jaipur to Delhi
- Delhi to Varanasi
- Varanasi to Khajuraho
- Khajuraho to Delhi
- 4 nights accommodations at hotels mentioned, on twin share or double sharing
- Transportation Includes : Arrival and departure transfers in Delhi by a coach
- All porter charges and entry tickets to places of visit during sight-seeing tours.
- All gratuity to hotel staff, transport staff and local guides. Principal guide to be tipped by travelers directly.
- Cost of local guides in each city during sight-seeing.
- Either 2 Boat rides in Varanasi OR 1 Boat ride and 1 Yoga Class
- Breakfast - 4
- Lunches - 1
- Dinners - 2
- Gratuity for principal guide
- Any expenses of a personal nature like imported alcoholic beverages, mini bar in rooms, laundry and telephone bills etc. and anything not specifically mentioned as "includes"
- Any camera fees - still or movie at places of visit.
- Some meals are not included. See itinerary for details
7-day: April 21-27, May 5-11, May 12-18
6-day: September 1-6, September 7-12, September 15-20