Wedding with a View: Themes for a Wonderful Mountain Wedding
November 9, 2017, Author: Beyond Boundaries Travel
Many non-traditional weddings take place on a mountain. The breathtaking view from up there and the idea of saying your “I do” in the midst of such beauty bring a positive outlook to soon-to-be-wed couples. Somehow, it makes the prospect of married life easier to accept.
If you’re planning to hold your wedding ceremony on a mountain – perhaps in the awe-inspiring area of Chestnutmtn.com – your choice of theme will be crucial to the overall impact of your wedding. A natural venue unveils several appropriate motifs and accents. For an unforgettable first day of the rest of your lives, here are some themes to consider:
- Fairy-tale wedding – Lanterns and fairy lights on and around the trees, fairy circlets for the bride and her bridesmaids
- Flower festival – A bouquet of wild-flowers from the mountain, an arch decorated with all sorts of flowers, a different flower on the bridesmaids’ ears
- Star-lit sky – Not too bright lights, a night-time wedding with the stars in the background
- Vintage fashion – Depends on the fashion style and colours of the era you wish to emulate
Things to Consider
A mountain wedding, being a non-traditional set-up, can become a nightmare logistics-wise. The key to executing a smooth wedding plan is to anticipate the challenges and prepare for eventualities. Here are a few things you must not forget.
- Map and Instructions – The mountains are a beautiful sight, but depending on the location, the spot can become difficult for some guests to find. Give specific and detailed instructions to your guests, to ensure their safety and timely arrival.
- Lounge and Medical Kit – Do not neglect the mountain’s elevation. It may take a while for one to get used to the height. Straining yourself will only cause headaches, nausea, shortness of breath, and other conditions. Make sure your guests arrive early enough to rest and get used to the height before the ceremony starts. Still, wedding organisers must be ready with medicines and scents to deal with height-related sicknesses.
- Alternative Plan – As in all things, always have a Plan B. Things may not ever go as planned, especially in a place like a mountain that’s dependent on natural elements. Have other venue options ready for both the ceremony and reception, preferably indoors or under a shade.
Weddings are one of the most important milestones in life. If you dream of a wedding up a mountain, stop at nothing to reach the top but keep your feet firmly on the ground.